Welcome to Topik’s documentation!¶
Topik is a Topic Modeling toolkit.
What’s a topic model?¶
The following three definitions are a good introduction to topic modeling:
- A topic model is a type of statistical model for discovering the abstract “topics” that occur in a collection of documents .
- Topic models are a suite of algorithms that uncover the hidden thematic structure in document collections. These algorithms help us develop new ways to search, browse and summarize large archives of texts .
- Topic models provide a simple way to analyze large volumes of unlabeled text. A “topic” consists of a cluster of words that frequently occur together .
Yet Another Topic Modeling Library¶
Some of you may be wondering why the world needs yet another topic modeling library. There are already great topic modeling libraries out there, see Useful Topic Modeling Resources. In fact topik is built on top of some of them.
The aim of topik is to provide a full suite and high-level interface for anyone interested in applying topic modeling. For that purpose, topik includes many utilities beyond statistical modeling algorithms and wraps all of its features into an easy callable function and a command line interface.
Topik‘s desired goals are the following:
- Provide a simple and full-featured pipeline, from text extraction to final results analysis and interactive visualizations.
- Integrate available topic modeling resources and features into one common interface, making it accessible to the beginner and/or non-technical user.
- Include pre-processing data wrappers into the pipeline.
- Provide useful analysis and visualizations on topic modeling results.
- Be an easy and beginner-friendly module to contribute to.
- Introduction Tutorial
- Usage in Python
- Data Import
- Tokenizing and Vectorizing
- Topic modeling
- Viewing results
- Development Guide
- API reference
- topik.intermediaries package
- topik.models package
- topik.cli module
- topik.readers module
- topik.run module
- topik.tokenizers module
- topik.utils module
- topik.viz module
- Module contents